Remove this ad

denp

bot addict

Lead

December 3, 2012 22:24:54

Tags : :

looks like there some good improvements in the new API that is in the works.  JSON based, more complete data in fewer calls, new data and some changes to provide virtual odds which will let me delete some of my more dubious code.
https://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=1638

And this looks interesting - some form of hosted betfair application environment.
https://www.cloud.betfair.com/
Not sure exactly what will be possible with it.  I guess you have to think along the lines of the facebook games api, but in betfair.  i.e. lots of third party content providers can create new products or services.  They could even provide the ability to create your own market?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

birchy

Betfair Elite

#1 [url]

December 4, 2012 01:14:19

The JSON thing is old news. It's been in development for a few years, so I guess it must be close to completion now they've gone public with it.

From what I can see of the cloud malarkey, it's basically a platform for software vendors so they can create web apps and allow customers to access them via the cloud rather than downloading and installing a setup.exe. That's not a bad thing TBH, because it will add a nice security layer that will prevent anyone reverse engineering vendor apps. Presumably that will also allow developers in "open" languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc to develop apps for commercial use without worrying about somebody nicking their source code?

I guess the cloud servers might also be a way to level the playing field regarding VPS speeds as they will most likely be on the same LAN as the betfair servers. That will effectively kill any bots that rely on speed for an edge and force everyone to use betfair's cloud servers if they need the lowest possible latency. Yet another way for them to take money from Joe Punter me thinks...

www.bespokebots.com

"This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!"

Quote    Reply   

pic

bot addict

#2 [url]

March 21, 2013 12:29:35

just found this:
https://github.com/AlgoTrader/betfair

it is the first implementation of the new API I see (but I suppose there are already implementations also for other languages, simply I haven't searched for them so far).

For how long do you think that betfair will support the old SOAP API after the new one will become official?

Quote    Reply   

pic

bot addict

#3 [url]

March 21, 2013 12:59:28

reply: the same guy who sent me the link to AlgoTrader/befair, told me that in the forum they say that the SOAP API will be supported for 18 months after the new API is  released

Quote    Reply   

birchy

Betfair Elite

#4 [url]

March 22, 2013 14:44:58

@pic:
Yes, that code by AlgoTrader has been available for some time now. There are MANY threads preaching the rights of Node.js and JavaScript on the BDP forum. There's also a Ruby implementation on the API tutorials links HERE. I currently have Beta testing access to the JSON api but am not actively developing as it's only (approx) 40% complete and not very usable in its present state (i.e. you can't place bets with it, the server is currently throttled for testing, etc).

www.bespokebots.com

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

pic

bot addict

#5 [url]

March 26, 2013 15:32:30

@birchy:

thank you for the info about the status of the new JSON API.

(PS: the Ruby implementation you linked is still SOAP, I believe)

Quote    Reply   

birchy

Betfair Elite

#6 [url]

March 26, 2013 19:08:56

@pic
I think you are right about there not being a Ruby example of the JSON api. I swear I saw both API6 and JSON implementations on there a few weeks ago.

Besides that, I think it's still far too early to be looking at betfair's JSON api as it is still very much Alpha and could easily take 12 months to become Beta with their history.

EDIT:
There WAS a Ruby example of the json api but it must of been pulled: http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=1518

www.bespokebots.com

Quote    Reply   

vonnch

rookie botter

#7 [url]

December 22, 2014 01:56:49

Love the JSON API. I just want to let the developers know that this has been made wonderfully. image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help