Remove this ad

JayBee

rookie botter

#41 [url]

October 23, 2013 11:55:46

I use getMUbets to monitor my volume. Each new matched bet gets added to a volume total. My strategy needs to know this so the greening algorithm I use is better suited to what I do.

I would think that for those who just fire in bets and then worry about greening up just before the off then the getProfitAndLoss is good enough for them.

I had a look at it last night and decided that I was not getting any benefit. In fact the resulting book was rather lumpy. I prefer a tighter spread between the runners after greening.

Knowing my volume (coupled with my strategy) means that I am crafting bet sizes to suit strategy and risk rather than say lumping £10 backs/lays at everything and then greening before the off.

Last Edited By: JayBee October 23, 2013 11:58:11. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Fred

rookie botter

#42 [url]

November 2, 2013 10:55:08

Not sure if I have to make a post or not in order to activate membership. I've signed-up again as I've lost access to my existing fred77 account.

Quote    Reply   

birchy

Betfair Elite

#43 [url]

November 2, 2013 17:42:33

Welcome back Fred! Maybe we can re-activate your Fred77 account? PM me whatever troubles you had. This new forum software might allow me to do something useful....but don't hold your breath!

www.bespokebots.com

"This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!"

Quote    Reply   

Thom

rookie botter

#44 [url]

December 23, 2013 17:11:33

Hi all,

I have been playing around with Betfair bots for a couple of years now. Once I found Birchy's Python API, it became much easier to try out new ideas. However, I still have not found that holy grail, and I am struggling to keep my numbers in the black. I guess the only winner on my botting so far, is Betfair.

Regards,
Thom

Quote    Reply   

JayBee

rookie botter

#46 [url]

December 24, 2013 13:20:00

Welcome Thom!

It sounds like your bot is doing no better than random and you are losing the overround.

Time for a new strategy.

Quote    Reply   

troyedwards

rookie botter

#47 [url]

March 24, 2014 21:50:12

Hi from Troy - my first post

Hi Guys

My name is troy and I have just created my first betfair bot using the new API-NG JSON method which has come out  :)

Now that I have access to market data I am going to try a heap of different strategies to see if I can find a winning system.  I will allow the bot to paper trade first - ie find the bets and then log the bet as if it was placed and the track the results.

Troy

Last Edited By: troyedwards March 24, 2014 21:52:40. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

birchy

Betfair Elite

#48 [url]

March 25, 2014 18:00:55

Hi Troy,

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are one of the early adopters of API-NG. It makes sense to use the new API if you are just starting out, however those of us with 'working' bots are mostly holding back as we're reluctant to re-write something that works fine.

One word of caution regarding data logging - betfair don't take kindly to users who capture a lot of data but don't place any bets. They will issue a warning after a few weeks and/or suspend your account. The easy way around that is to make sure that you place a small number of bets each day. I believe a lot of people in your position create a simple "gubbins" bot that lays horses at 1.01. The strategy is basically a break-even/slight losing one but is the cheapest way to obtain a lot of data for not much cost.

www.bespokebots.com

Quote    Reply   

Muddy

rookie botter

#49 [url]

April 1, 2014 08:17:14

Hi All,

I started mucking about with Betfair a few years ago, initially as a matched bettor and then doing a bit (generally unsuccessfully) of trading.
I've been in IT for in excess of twenty years and the idea of automation got me interested and I have been creating bots for a while now, using Excel integrating with a well known third party application and then moving on to creating applications using VB.NET and the third party's COM interface.
Strategies I had a couple of years ago were making a profit until something changed and the profit evaporated and since then I've been trying successfully to get something profitable again. I've recently come to realise that what I had been doing just isn't going to work. I saw a great phrase on here yesterday, "Random walk into negativity" that really explains what I had been doing and so I'm taking some time to reassess things and effectively start again.
Going forward I intend to get away from relying on third party software and want to port my application code into using the new API-NG, then, the main rule will be keep it simple and don't get hung up on a plethora of parameters as no amount of fiddling will make an unprofitable bot profitable.

Quote    Reply   

troglodita

rookie botter

#50 [url]

April 8, 2014 15:11:21

Hi to all!!!!

Hi, I'm new to the forum.I was intrigued with Betfair, i to try to make my proper bot. From browsing the forum, I can see that a lot of people are using Python to build their bots, i want learn how and make money with yours.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

JayBee

rookie botter

#51 [url]

April 8, 2014 16:13:09

troglodita wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the forum.I was intrigued with Betfair, i to try to make my proper bot. From browsing the forum, I can see that a lot of people are using Python to build their bots, i want learn how and make money with yours.

Welcome,

Just type "python makemeamillionaire.py" on the command line, hit return and book your holiday.

Good luck!

Quote    Reply   

tokukawa

rookie botter

#52 [url]

April 18, 2014 14:41:15

Hi all,
I am Tokukawa and I am programming my own bot. I would learn as much as possible from you guys and help if would be the case.
I am not native english, so please forgive me for the grammatical orrors :)

Quote    Reply   

elterion

rookie botter

#53 [url]

April 20, 2014 19:40:34

Hi guys!
I'm new here and I'm seeking for the information about betfair bots. I'm totally dummie in this but I study quickly )

Quote    Reply   

gunnaracm

rookie botter

#58 [url]

May 27, 2014 07:55:04

Hi,

I'm Alex. I'm interested in programming bots. How can I get access to "Source code" forum?

PS Wow, got it after the first post! ))

Quote    Reply   

birchy

Betfair Elite

#59 [url]

May 27, 2014 21:09:06

Welcome! Yes, the Source Code and Strategies sections require a post count >= 1. It's just a deterrent for leechers who don't want to contribute anything....

www.bespokebots.com

Quote    Reply   

serious

rookie botter

#60 [url]

June 1, 2014 23:11:40

Hi all

I run a data collection bot on a Raspberry Pi, under Python3, posting prices to a database server.

My goal is to test strategies against this data in Excel.

I am currently changing to API-NG, with the help of Birchy's excellent example.  Thanks Birchy.

Cheers

Eddie

Last Edited By: serious June 2, 2014 07:31:02. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help