Remove this ad

LinusP

rookie botter

#121 [url]

November 18, 2015 15:52:07

Hi All,
I focus mostly on IR horse racing using python/MySQL/AWS/Linux, looking to expand into other sports just need to find the time :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jdemersem

rookie botter

#122 [url]

December 17, 2015 20:01:05

Hello everyone

I'm familiar with machine learning and stochastic optimization tools like dynamic programming, bayesian optimization, gaussian processes, multi-arm bandits etc. I'm also experienced in programing (Matlab, Python, Java,...). I'm coding a simple betfair bot in Python, but in the future I want to use those mathematical tools to improve it. My betfair experience is little but I'm on it. I expect to share knowledge and ideas with you guys.

Cheers,
Jose

Quote    Reply   

bongiman

rookie botter

#123 [url]

January 14, 2016 16:35:13

Hi All,

I studied mathematics and statistics and have as of now only dabbled mildly in programming. I would however love to get better at coding in Python and figure there is no better incentive to learn than to make money doing it. Would love to share knowledge along the way. :)

Cheers
Steve

Quote    Reply   

Moez

rookie botter

#124 [url]

March 11, 2016 21:39:31

Hi

I just started looking at betfair api. Not familiar with python but managed to get my get data bot working in a robust way and going to launch trading now. Is anyone here making a lot of money? :)
fyi: I am doing this for fun.

Quote    Reply   

khennessy

rookie botter

#125 [url]

May 9, 2016 08:17:56

Hi there,
Very interesting reading all your stories. My background is in machine learning and data mining. Have looked in the past at stocks trading and spreadbetting but have found the margins too tight when including commissions. Just having a look at the Betfair exchange now. Have managed to get the Betfair Java example code up an running and looking forward to experimenting. Of course would love to make some money but this is mostly for fun.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

birchy

Betfair Elite

#126 [url]

May 9, 2016 21:05:01

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your endeavours. Hope you manage to take some money FROM the betfair eco system rather than donating to it!

www.bespokebots.com

"This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!"

Quote    Reply   

gubmint

rookie botter

#127 [url]

August 4, 2016 21:00:08

Having recently been introduced to Matched Betting and then Sports Trading (using Betangel) I am feeling incredibly limited by repetition, data comparison and slow reflexes, things automation excels at. So now I have set myself the task of getting acquainted with Exchange APIs with the intention of building some simple tools in Python to make my life easier. This forum looks like a great resource which I can learn from and hopefully add to.

Quote    Reply   

SMD100

rookie botter

#128 [url]

December 26, 2016 16:43:57

New members introduce yourself HERE...

My name is Sam. I am based in the UK and used to learn programming over a decade ago. I learnt a rather obsolete language and didn't continue it further.

I like many others have numerous strategies for betting that I would like to automate. I first need to fully acquaint myself with Python so anyone who can suggest good ways to practice and learn would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping to learn as much as possible and contribute wherever I can.

Can someone please explain how the registration process for the forum works?

Thanks,

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote    Reply   

Dahuuhad

rookie botter

#129 [url]

January 19, 2017 20:55:05

Hi,
I'm a senior python developer who is quite new to the Betfair API. I want to use this forum to be inspired and also learn more about different strategies. 

Regards,
D

Quote    Reply   

sw3nx

rookie botter

#130 [url]

February 5, 2017 12:53:54

Hello everyone,

I found out about this place on birchy's website and I decided to join because I think this is a really good place to learn about betfair trading and programming in general.
I'm now new to trading or programming, but I'm quitea newbie. I still don't know what I'm doing. Hopefully, with your help, I will be able to head into the right direction.
I'm live in England and I'm interested in horse racing at the moment, but my interest might shift in the future if I can't make a steady income (small or big) in horse racing.

Cheers!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help