Hi Birchy and co. Finally starting to look at python and Betfair's new API

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

factotum

rookie botter

Lead

December 12, 2013 10:11:37

Tags : :

I am taking a course on python at Lynda.com and all seems good so far.
The first problems I am encountering are on the Betfair sample code (python) pages???
https://api.developer.betfair.com/services/webapps/docs/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/Python
Where do I get the pre-requisites?
Are they already in the python version I installed? 2.7.6 or do I have to download them from somewhere?
I am probably getting ahead of myself here, so please treat a noob gently :)

Paul
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Golfer

rookie botter

#1 [url]

December 12, 2013 12:58:48

Hey factotum,

Do you pay for lynda.com? I have never used it but I am working my way through some really good tutorials on Youtube. 

Those modules should be accessible to you already but I would say just work through materials before looking at BF example code.

Good luck 

Quote    Reply   

factotum

rookie botter

#3 [url]

January 2, 2014 07:45:35

Lynda.com and Python progress

Hi Golfer, I pay for the whole year and have got access to thousands of video courses, all professionally presented and pertinent. I just wish there was a course on the Betfair API. If you have a limited specific range of technical courses you wish to learn you could probably go for the monthly sub and then just cancel.

Hi Birchy thanks for the clarification. As with all new things I try to learn there always seems to be something that gets in the way like paying work, but I am determined to get to grips with the language this new year...

Does anyone know when the old Betfair API will cease to work?

Happy New Year one and all

Paul :)

Quote    Reply   

factotum

rookie botter

#5 [url]

January 5, 2014 19:15:14

Thanks Jaybee :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

factotum

rookie botter

#6 [url]

January 14, 2014 16:50:36

Hi guys, I have completed the python training and understand about the imports above but am stumped by the application key and session token.

Help please, Betfair documentation is woeful and so confusing as it is all over the place...

Paul, frustrated in Surrey

Quote    Reply   

birchy

Betfair Elite

#9 [url]

December 24, 2014 18:03:50

API-NG uses JSON formatting, so any programming/scripting language with a JSON parser and http functions will be compatible. An interface can be written in Python 3. The example bot on my website is written for Python 2.7 (the current stable version of Python) but should convert to 3.2 using the Python 2to3 tool.

https://docs.python.org/2/library/2to3.html

www.bespokebots.com

"This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help