Not sure what you mean, birchy, but the way I deal with the page is:
* Loop over all the div tags, if the class is "race_idx_hdr", get the meeting name
* Until the next "race_idx_hdr", loop though the div tags with class "racecard_link"
* Get the race details and pull the race number ($SportingLifeId) out of the java href with a regexp
* Get the page "http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,".$SportingLifeId.",00.html"
* Parse the desired info out of the racecard page.
BTW if you need a specific date for the meetings index, rather than just today, the url is of the form : "http://horses.sportinglife.com/Meetings/0,12496,30-12-2008,00.html", and they keep about a year's worth.